Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Secret Pal Question #2

As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?

I think I look mostly just not going to school. But I looked forward to warm days and as a kid I love to do projects. I learned to sew at a very early age and I would sew and sew all summer. I created a great deal...more of a mess when I was younger but I still wore those outfits. Didn't care what others thought. LOL

I guess the next thing was relatives would come. We lived just right outside of Washington DC and that meant we could go site seeing with all the relatives...it was fun! I walked my legs off in the hot sun and saw it all! Then we would go back and mom would have a great lunch or dinner made when we got home. Everything seems to fall into place....remember...this was the era when there were no cell phones nor blackberries.....you saw phone booths on the corner. No metro either. Wow....those were the good old times....am I dating myself?

No comments: