Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my birthday! Wow...I have hit the ripe old age of 59 but still feel like I am 20...okay it's the mind that feels like 20...the body feels like 100....lol. This is the first time in many years I have worked on my birthday. For some reason I decided not to take off. Not sure why but I didn't so here I sit at my work computer, doing exactly what I shouldn't be doing...a personal post...lol...Maybe at this age I just feel bolder than I did years ago....

I had a wonderful Christmas...it was quiet. Just my mom, myself, my daughter, son in law and grandson....I enjoyed it this year more so than in the past. We had our big meal on Christmas eve and then when my daughter and her family left to see the other parents, mom and I had the day to ourselves and it was quiet and peaceful. We got to enjoy ourselves with lots of mom and daughter talk. Family is what the season is about. The good Lord gave us so much and not to take the time to sit back and enjoy life is such a sad commentary on how we live our lives. I hope this coming years brings love, laughter, happiness and peace to all and may God bless you and keep you in his arms as I pray he does for me also.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

C Kelley said...

Today is my birthday! Happy Birthday to you also. I also decided to go to work. This went well until about the last hour. Now I am ready to leave. Just 40 minutes to go. My friends gave me a diet cake. It is a candle shaped like a two tier birthday cake! No Calories LOL