Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

I am participating in two swaps. Look to the right of my blog and you will see under March the links to each of them. I am very excited about both swaps. To both of my partners I thank you in advance for the anticipation of the fun we will have!

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
I love natural fibers. I have in the past knit with others, but I guess I have become a knitting snob. Mixtures for socks are fine, but I really love the natural fibers the best.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
The 100 percent acrylics. I have only used these for afghans which get a lot of use and usually thrown in the washer.

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
I go to the colors that attract me. Then I go to the gadgets and then to the patterns. After that I go back to the yarn and I start to squeeze, smell and rub the bundles to me face. Sounds sick...but it is so soothing. Then I focus as to what I actually came in for and then I buy more than I actually needed!

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I am a quilter. I love fabrics and I act the same way in a fabric store as I do in a yarn store. I have a new Bernina and I just love to sew new things on it. I can't honestly say which is my favorite hobby...I indulge myself in both.

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
Right now I only get Southern Living and Angels.

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden
Knitting/Home
Crochet/Other Craft/Food/ Garden
Fashion
Celebrity Gossip

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
I love to knit socks the best. I like to knit scarves and I plan on working on some lace items.

8. Are you allergic to anything?
Nothing in the food line....only things like trees, grass other things like that.

9. What do you like to smell of?
I love the smell of roses. Brings back very fond memories of my great aunt and uncles house which had loads of roses in their backyard. I also love the fragrance of Freesia or most light floral. Anything with a clean smell.

10. What's your favourite way to relax?
Putting me feel up and knit or sit at my sewing machine and work on a project. When I don't feel like those things, I just relax in front of the TV and watch a good movie or a program that interests me.

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
I would go into the old fashioned bakery.

12. What do you come out with?
Yummy pastries, good hearty bread, and scones.

13. Where do you go next?
The tea room. I love tea in china cups and saucers, silver spoons and the atmosphere of a tea room. I love lemon tea and the whole ritual of pouring the tea and sipping it from the china cup. Sooooooo feminine!

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
I am just very grateful for any gift I receive. The fact that someone went to the trouble to look for items to please me is a special gift in itself. I love surprises and I love creativity.

1 comment:

tangelled angel said...

Hi there,glad you found the link to Knitters Treat Exchange! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I had problems with my internet connection.