I am so excited about this swap! I have waited so long to participate. My info is below for my pal. This is going to be so much fun!
Secret Pal 10 Answers
1.What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love knitting with natural fibers. The sock yarns with a little man-made fiber is fine, but acrylic is tough to knit with and I would prefer not to knit with it.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Right now I have nothing. I usually put them in the package they came in or thrown in the bag of latest yarn! Bad…I know. I am working on a good storage place for my newest obsession. I recently bought a large tote for my yarns and whoops...not enough room. Need another tote.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I am self taught and that was about 33 years ago. I think I have reached the intermediate/advanced level by now.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I have an Amazon wish list.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Roses. It reminds me of my great aunts and uncles home. They had a rose trellis that I just loved to sit by and to this day the smell of roses brings back wonderful memories! I also love the smell of freesia which is what I buy at Bath and Body works.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love good dark chocolate candy. I love butter or chocolate creams. Of course any type of candy I can’t turn down. I am not crazy about licorice or root beer candy....it is as the kids would say yucky.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love to quilt. I am such a fabric-holic. I love any type of colors but I really love the soft Victorian country look. I have not learned to spin yet, but my daughter said she would teach me how with the drop spindle.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all types of music. But the 60’s is my favorite. I love the old groups and Motown groups being some of my favorite. I love soft music and I am really liking some of the newer artists who play the easy listening music. I like country too. I guess you could say I am not really that picky. I don’t like rap or hard core stuff. Yes, my computer will play my MP3.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blues, purples,some greens and pinks are my favorite colors. I don’t really care for oranges or browns. But if they are mixed with colors I like they are okay.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live alone, divorced a number of years ago and my cat Fluffy died several years ago. My life is so hectic I just haven’t wanted to get another animal and not be home enough to enjoy them.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves. I love scarves…all types. Hats….not so much…and I am not crazy about ponchos. I love mittens, just don't have any right now.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now I am knitting socks and some scarves. I have one sweater coat in progress. I am pretty enthusiastic about everything.
13. What are you knitting right now?
All of the above.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, yes, and yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? , aluminum, plastic?
I love my circular needles and I also love beautiful knitting needles like the hardwood or bamboo ones you see now. I love the way hardwood or bamboo becomes smooth with use.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder but I do not own a swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
An afghan I started several years ago. Just kept frogging because I didn’t like the pattern and it was acrylic yarn. Can't bring myself to start is again.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, 4th of July (US)…..I guess all of them. I like celebrating each of the holidays at church or at work.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect tote bags and snowmen! I also like any sewing gadgets. Whether it be antique or not, they fascinate me.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would love to try the Tofusie yarn I have read about. I do not have any magazine subscriptions for knitting. I just keep buying books.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
The magic loop. I have watched a video on line and it baffles me….but I have promised myself I will try later on a pair of socks. I just bought a book on it so I will have to try it one day soon.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes….I love my socks! My foot is a size 10. The length of my foot is 9 3/4 inches and the circumference of the toe area is 9 3/4 inches.
23. When is your birthday?
I am one of those Christmas babies! I was born December 29th. Thus I either get the birthday Christmas present combination or I am forgotten all together…Boo hoo…really it isn’t that bad now, but I do like to treat myself on my birthday and I usually do.