Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibers. I don't really like acrylics. I have been looking at solids lately because I love the lacy socks. I also have been looking at some lace patterns for shawls. I love cotton yarn for socks too!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a painted crock for some and baskets. I, unfortunately, seem to start so many projects I have them pretty much in the yarn most of the time.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit when my daughter was an infant...so that was 34 years ago. I knitted on and off for many years, but my obsession started last year for my sock knitting. I would consider myself an advanced intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a list but I have purchased most of the books on the list. But I don't have any type of knitting magazine subscription so I am open to any magazines.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I love floral scents, along with citrus smells and lavendar. In love the smell of roses. I don't like heavy scents, mainly because they give me really bad headaches.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh my yes....I love dark chocolate....but I have never turned down a good piece of chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am a quilter so I covet fabric like I do yarn. I don't spin yet.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love all types of music. I especially like music from the 60's. My compter will play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all colors. My least favorite colors are browns unless mixed with brighter shades of any other colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live alone and alas.......no pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear the first three but not ponchos.....I hated them in the 60's too.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, scarves, and afghans. But I will try anything once.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, socks, socks!! Oh ...and a sweater, some dishcloths and faces clothes.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
But of course....who wouldn't! They are made with love and care and who wouldn't want that!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like them all....I love my Denise needles....my Brittnays, my Addis but I haven't knit with plastic in years.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have both...treated myself and my daughter several months ago with a set for each of us!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Twenty years old....and I have no intention of ever finishing it....sweater for a friend and I never bought enough yarn....glad I never told her about it.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love all of the holidays...but I especially love Christmas because my Birthday is 4 days later...so I get more presents....okay...I really just like to go to dinner with friends for my birthday.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love sewing gadgets of any kind and pin cushions. I like both antique and new. And tote bags...both big and little.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't subscribe to any knitting magazines. I love Woolgirl yarns, any sock yarn, Debbie Bliss yarn ( I love her silk yarn), Brittney sock needles. I am really not picky...I love to try new things.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I am still wanting to learn to knit with the magic needle techique.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I wear a size 10 shoe. My foot measures 9 1/2 in length and 9 1/2 inches around the foot.
23. When is your birthday?
December 29th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Unfortunately no....I just heard about it and I haven't put my name on the list...something in my to do list.

No comments: