I was off from work yesterday and not feeling well so I just watched TV and knitted. I was watching a show about the generosity of people in disasters and I started thinking how grateful I am to be who I am and what I have. In the last 14 years of my life I have accomplished so much and have done a lot with my life....even though some may look at it as it has been a very small accomplishment....But I think it is huge. A few facts about me in the last 14 years.
1. I was a stay at home PTA mom when my husband decided to leave me and move on to what he said was his view of happiness and it didn't include me. We had been married 23 years by then. I had never worked so I was scared and frightened.
2. After a number of extremely poor years and worrying to the point I thought I would loose my mind, I decided to go back to college. It took me awhile, because I wanted to get my daughter through. In the meantime I worked very small odd jobs to make ends meet and prayed a lot that I would not loose the house or my mind!
3. At the age of 46 I entered community college and received my Associate Degree in Business 4 years later. I graduated with honors and I knew then the world was at my feet.
4. I had the opportunity to start working in the Federal Government and that lead to an internship. I have moved up rapidly in my job (both financially and career wise and today I am comfortable and able to support myself and do the things I have wanted to do.
5. I enter college again to earn my Bachelor of Professional Studies majoring in Leadership and Management. I have maintain a 3.5 GPA throughout my college days and I will graduate a year from now.
There are times where I get very lonely and frustrated with the opposite sex, as proven in my rant a week ago.....but I am proof positive that you can do anything you want to do and do it well.
I am so grateful for my life, my family, my daughter, my grandson and my son-in-law. I am in fairly decent health and I have good friends I can call on. Above all of this I have the love of GOD and without him I nor would anyone else have the blessings we have today.
My point to all of this is to stop when you are angry, count your blessings and see just how rich you are. Riches aren't always counted as money....they are the gifts we give others and how we receive gifts back. Look at all the talent when we read each others blogs! Wow....I find it amazing and overwhelming at times.
We all have so much to share and to be grateful for and I wanted to just express it today. May God Bless you and may you go forth and rejoice for what you have and what you can share. All of have gifts, whether they are sewing, knitting, cooking, or just being a good friend. Dig deep and figure out what your gift is and freely give it. You will find your gift will come back to you many times over.
With all my sincere sisterly love,