Thursday, May 29, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Questionnare

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibers. No acrylics please. I love to try new yarns so surprise me.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Right now I have a glass container I put them in. But then again most are in projects...does need to finish words I should shout?

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting on and off for about 33 years. I was self taught, but also took lessons at the comminity center years ago.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
My Amazon wish list is here.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I love floral or powder scents. I have been using Cashmire mist lately...but I would never expect anyone to get that.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love dark chocolate...but I am trying to loose weight, so bare minimum please.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin...want to learn how though. I quilt when I am not knitting. I am not only a yarn-a-holic but I am a fabric-holic.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love all types but don't have much time to listen. I do have an MP3 player.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all colors. Browns and oranges are not my favorite though. I am really liking the muted solids now. The ones that look solid but have subtle color through out.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live alone and I do not have any pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Love scarves and mittens and socks. Don't care for hats or ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, Socks and more socks. And anything lace.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Two Lace shawls and5 pairs of socks

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes..it shows the true heart of someone.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love both circular and straight needles. I have bamboo, wood and some aluminum..I like the wooden needles and Addis Lace Needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 years...it's acrylic...yucky

18. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday...okay it is rarely celebrated because it is 4 days after Christmas. But I love Christmas, Easter, 4th of July...okay...I love them all!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Pincushions and teacups. Okay yarn and fabric! LOL

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have Interweave Knits subscription. I love all books, yarn and I am will to be bold and try anything new.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I am really facinated by the lace patterns out there. I am enjoying the challenge.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Length: 9 1/2 inches Width around instep: 91/2 inches. I wear a size 10 show and my foot it med

23. When is your birthday?
December 29th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes. scappyhappy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo! I think we're a good (SP12) match!! Looking forward to treating you : )