Friday, August 22, 2008

Secret Pal Question #11

This weeks question is: What is the best thing you've ever received in the mail?
This is a tough question because over time I have recieved many wonderful things in the mail So many new friends with wonderful ideas. I have to say the best thing I ever received....and this is going to sound awful, but it was money. Okay.....now to elaborate. When my ex first left (15 years ago), I was having such a hard time ...both mentally and financially. I sewed for people, worked up to 3 jobs at a time and just wasn't having any results trying to get a really good job to establish myself as a career woman. Well one day I went to the mailbox and there was a card in that day's mail. When I opened it, the card said "from your secret pal". At this point in my life I didn't have 2 nickles to rub together let alone buy things for a secret pal! I was not in any groups and pretty much had a non existant social life. Inside the card was a $20.00 bill and handwritten was "from your secret pal". I received a card every other month for about 6 months with a $20.00 bill. That $20.00 every so often was a big help. By this time I had started my job with the Federal Gov't and my life was looking up more and more each day. What I found out was a lady at church had been doing this. I had hemmed some pants for her son and she said she knew I would not take a handout so she did this until she heard I had gotten my good job with benefits. I was so greatful for "my secret pal". My heart still warms when I think of how God put so many angels in my life when I needed them. It is times like this when I am asked a question and I remember these angels. Sometimes when we are at our lowest we need the little tap on our shoulders from God to remind us to be greatful for the simple things in life because love and kindness will always prevail...no matter what. Always pay forward...you will be rewarded in ways that are beyond any riches you can imagine. Thank you hostess for this question...it has helped me today more than you will ever know!

No comments: