Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pictures

I promised pictures and here are a few. I bought this goofy little pens some time ago. I gave some as gifts and I kept one for myself. I keep it in my knitting bag...it is fun just to laugh at myself for being so into funny stuff. Mine is the one at the far right. Her name is LuLu. The two middle ones are pirates. And the one on the far left is just a cute funny pen. You can buy lanyards for them too. I just bought one for mine.
This wonderful boot I had to wear for almost six weeks. I have had it off for 2 weeks now. My Achilles tendon decided to become inflamed and it was so painful. I have had it rough with this boot and the fact that my other leg needs a knee replacement. I haven't had the energy to do much. I am trying very hard to complete projects that I owe people. My swap partners are unhappy with me I am sure. I am really trying. And below is proof that I am working on things. I have jumbled some of the knitting so it can't be totally identified. lol

I still have to machine quilt the little quilt, finish the second mitten and the second sock. I am not getting home from work until 7:00 at night and I try to work some each day. I also am working on fabric postcards. I will photo those later. I need to knit for about 1/2 hour and then head to bed.



I love the little quilt. I am thinking about make one for myself, only a little bigger with more blocks. Each of the baskets has a yo-yo on it with a leaf. I hand stitched the edges in the buttonhole stitch with black embroidery thread. I loved doing them. With the arthritis in my hands, it has slowed me down so much. I need to stop doing swaps where I make things. I am way too slow. Anyway, the fabric I picked is reproduction fabric from the 30's and 40's. My favorite. I think the person I am doing this for likes this time period too.

Sometimes I go overboard wanting things just perfect and that keeps me bogged down also. I hope she will enjoy it as much as I have making it. But I did put a lot of handwork into this. Oh well....my heart is always there and that is what counts for me.

No comments: