Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's almost Turkey Day!

Tomorrow my mom and I will descend on my brother and sister-in-laws house. They invited us for Thanksgiving. Now you have to understand this is the sister-in-law who is a fairly good cook but unless it has a can of soup, cream cheese or a dip involved she usually doesn't make it. She is very impatient when it comes to cooking, so this will be interesting. Her parents and her one sister is coming so the meal will be interesting. I am going with a positive attitude but I will be thinking of my mom's wonderful meal she usually cooks for all of us. I guess I need to dust off my cooking pans and utensils and start cooking again. To be honest I am tired of going to everyone else's house to please.

Oh well....enough complaining and on with the be thankful side of me! I really am thankful that I have a great family and for me reasonable health. Once I make the decision to have my knee replaced and loose this poundage I think I will honestly feel much better. Pain everyday does wear one down.

The old heel has decided to give me grief again, but I think having the next four days to rest it will be good. Knitting, sewing and enjoying my daughter and grandson will be healing for me.

For a number of years my daughter and I have been doing fun things the weekend after Thanksgiving. We don't hit the big stores but the small shops and we just have fun. We go out for lunch or a late lunch and sometimes breakfast that morning. We talk about all kinds of things and she gives me hers, my son in laws and my grandson's wish list and of course I indulge. My grandson now gives me his on his own, which over the years has become huge....but then again what are grandmas for....LOL. This time of year with my daughter always makes me feel very so good and thankful she is my daughter and that she brought into our lives my great son-in-law and together they gave me one of my best joys in life ......my grandson. Of course they make my life special anytime of the year.
But most of all I am thankful to live in a country that is free and bountiful. I am so thankful for having a good job (even though I get very frustrated with you know who!), my wonderful friends and family and above all were I can worship at the church of my choice.
Take the time this year to look around you and see the beautiful land we live in and the diversity of people that surround our great nation. I know I will ;o)

No comments: