Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I am a Happy Mom!

Today I am going to accept the fact that I am a good mom! LOL Seriously, in the last few years I have been able to accomplish so much and share my joy with others. From my previous post you know that I bought a Kindle II. I can't even begin to tell anyone just how much I enjoy it. It has cut down the heavy load I carry to work each day with a book to read on the train. Well....my daughter is an avid reader...I mean she reads all of the time. She admitted she was so envious of my purchase but held out the hope that all of the family could pitch in and buy her one for her Birthday. Well....I couldn't stand it....I knew she even more than me would use and appreciate the technical tool and really get good use out of it. I bought her one last week and it was delivered to her last night. She was almost speechless. I had kept it a secret for a week and kept tracking it to see when it was delivered. She has already charged it and downloaded her first book. She is traveling this weekend and it came just in time for her to enjoy it even more on the plane. I am a good mom (I hope and Steph tells me so) in many other ways, but now in my older age and better times I can financially afford to treat and it makes me so happy....so does this qualify me as a good mom? I hope so.

No comments: