Saturday, April 28, 2007

Spring Felted Bag Swap Questionnaire

I joined yet another swap....I think I am rather addicted to giving! This is the Spring Felted Bag Swap. I am learning to swap now. My daughter StephanieCake has done a lot of felting and she has been helping me. I have my first one on the needles and I hope to finish it soon! I carry a felted purple one she made me for Christmas. So here are my answers for the questionnaire.....

1.How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? I learned to crotchet about 35 years ago. My mother taught me and I self taught for knitting about 33 years ago.

2. What are your favorite yarns to knit\crochet felted bags with? I have just tried Patons yarn so far.

3. What are your favorite needles to knit\crochet with? I don’t crotchet much anymore, but for knitting I love wooden knitting needles. Crystal palace, Brittnay, and Denise needles are what I use mostly. Addis are also my fav metal needles.

4. What are the last 3 bags you knitted\crocheted (include URL for Yahoo! or flickr album or your blog if you have them!)? You can also link to patterns if you don't have pictures of your finished objects! I am knitting my first one now. My daughter has knitted many and she has given me some patterns.

5. Do you carry the bags that you make, give them as gifts, or both? I plan to do both. I carry one now that my daughter knit for me. I just love it.

6. What is your favorite felted bag that you have made for yourself? I have not found a pattern yet. Still looking. I want to try a bag with beads.

7. What are your favorite colors? Do you like bags in these colors or choose other colors? I love purple, blue or pink. I also like green.

8. Chocolate: White, Milk, Dark, or not so much? Dark most definitely!

9. Coffee, Tea, or Milk? Coffee (Milk with my chocolate.)

10. Do you prefer sweet or salty treats? What kinds? Both! For sweets, I love truffles or creams and salty things I love bagel chips or pita chips.

11. If you went into Bath and Body Works and could only come out with one item, what would it be and what would it smell like? Even though I think it is Yankee Candle, I love the smell of “Clean Cotton”. I also love the smell of Freesia or any clean flower smell.

12. Do you enjoy any other crafts or hobbies? Do you collect anything? I quilt. I collect fabric like I do yarn! I also collect teacups and snowmen.

13. Are there any bag patterns you have not yet knit, but hope to someday? I am still looking at all the wonderful patterns. They are all looking good to me. Though I have to say totes are my favorite.

14. What is currently OTN (on the needles) for you? Wow..... I have several socks, a shawl, a bag and a sweater OTN. I need to finish them and not start something new! Yeah like that is going to happen. I did just finish a scarf.

15. What is your most recent finished object before that? A lace scarf. Very simple but a lot of fun.

16. What's cutest: Puppies, Piggies or Pixies? Puppies of course.

17. Do you enjoy reading? Books, Magazines, or both? I love both. I love anything about history. And this includes history on knitting, quilting, tools for both or history of an area.

18. Do you have any children? (kid-kind or pet-kind apply!) I have a daughter, but she is married and I have one grandchild (the sweetest little guy!). I love cats, but alas my Fluffy died a number of years ago and my lifestyle right now does not allow for a pet.

19. What are some of your favorite yarns for other projects? I love sock yarn of any kind, but I do prefer natural fibers. I love the feel of silk and some cottons are great too. I do not like scratchy fibers; they make me itch.

20. And for the final question, one I see debated all over: Novelty Yarn: Love it! Hate it! or It depends! It depends on what it is for. I have a pattern for a little Santa and it uses novelty yarn for his beard and it is total okay.

21. Is your home smoke free? Yes…I have trouble breathing around smoke, and if it is in fibers, it bothers me too.

22. Is your home pet free? Yes

23. Are you allergic to pet hair, smoke, or both? Smoke

No comments: